No matter what your beauty preferences are, there’s a beauty box somewhere that reflects them. From the makeup obsessed with skin care devotees, a beauty box delivery will brighten anyone’s day.
Our hearts nearly broke past April when Sephora discontinued their Play! By Sephora beauty subscription box. And then again when Target decided to say farewell to its Beauty Box program (we’re still waiting for Target to announce its replacement plan).
People have different ideas of what products a beauty box should include;
1) BEST AFFORDABLE BEAUTY BOX
Allure Beauty Box
The Allure Beauty Box delivers its “Best of Beauty” products straight to your door every month. A box includes five or more makeup and skincare products picked by the editors themselves from brands like Nars Tony Moly, Anastasia Beverly Hills, Tarte and Too Faced, to name a few.
Here’s what all you get every month:
- Free shipping.
- At least two full-size products in every box.
- A mini-mag with tips and exclusive offers.
- A bonus gift of $15 or more for new members.
Past monthly boxes have been valued at $122 but you pay just $15. This is where you can sign up for monthly ($15) and yearly ($165) subscriptions along with gift options.
Ipsy Glam Bag
Ipsy offers its Ultra Personalization for your monthly Glam Bag. The bag is filled with products that come from the quiz you take to determine the best products for your skin tone, color of your eyes and hair, your favorite brands, and a few other factors.
When you sign up for an Ipsy Glam bag subscription, you’ll get these perks:
- Ipster-only discounts of 10%-70% on the products you simply cannot live without.
- Ability to shop over 300 beauty brands.
- Free shipping.
- Daily beauty deals.
- Choice of hand-picked product every month (varies by Glam Bag member plan).
- Points reward program.
- Monthly giveaways.
A recent Glam Bag included products like Benefit Cosmetics’ 24-Hour Brow Setter Gel and Roller Lash Curling Mascara, Youth To The People’s Superfood Air-Whip Moisture Cream, House of Makeup nail polish and Skone Cosmetics’ Insanely Intense Tattooed Waterproof Eyeliner, to name a few.
- Signing up for a $12 monthly (or $135 annual membership) bag will get you five deluxe beauty samples worth $50 or more. Sign up for the Glam Bag here.
- The Glam Bag Plus option is $25 a month and includes five full-size products worth $120 or more. Sign up for the Glam Bag Plus here.
- The Glam Bag Ultimate costs $37 a month and gets you both plans and products worth $170 or more combined. Sign up for the Glam Bag Ultimate here.
2) BEST DELUX PRODUCT BEAUTY BOX
Birchbox is a customer favorite because it’s affordable and lets subscribers try sample-size makeup, skin care and hair care products they didn’t know they couldn’t live without. Or, on the flip side, they find out they aren’t really crazy about a certain product.
Subscriptions include a monthly delivery of five curated deluxe beauty samples, based on your Beauty Profile, plus pro tips for how to use them. Brands include Ameka, Stila, Too Faced and Milk Makeup, to name a few.
Birchbox memberships and prices:
- Monthly plan that can be canceled any time for $15 per month.
- Six-month commitment plan for $14 per month. After six months, you can cancel.
- 12-month commitment plan for $13 per month (or prepay for $156). After 12 months, you can cancel.
Save $5 off your first Birchbox plus a free gift when you sign up for emails. Check here for the latest Birchbox savings promos.