Cyber Monday (which falls on Nov. 30 this year) was originally created as an online counterpoint to Black Friday. And it’s become a major shopping day in its own right now. Because Cyber Monday’s roots are online, we don’t anticipate the seismic, coronavirus-related changes that are happening with Black Friday this year.
General predictions for Cyber Monday 2020
Move quickly: Some of the best Cyber Monday deals will be gone in a flash.
Cyber Monday is more about sitewide discounts than deals on specific items: You are more likely to find a huge discount on certain online platforms than you are to find storewide. On Cyber Monday, expect the opposite.
You might see recycled Black Friday deals: Didn’t get something on Black Friday? A similar deal may come to your side back on Cyber Monday, and it will be just as ( nearly) good. In previous years, we’ve seen various Amazon device deals get resumed on Cyber Monday. We also saw major retailers (Best Buy, Amazon, Target, Walmart) offer nearly identical gaming console prices the entire weekend in 2018 and 2019.
Predictions for sitewide discount on Cyber Monday 2020
The last official day of the long, deal-heavy Thanks giving weekend, Cyber Monday (Nov. 30 in 2020) gives you another chance to buy remaining items on your shopping list.
- 30% off at ASOS: The online retailer has offered 25% to 30% off the past few years on Cyber Monday. We expect 30% this year, considering the intense competition among clothing retailers on Cyber Monday.
- 30% off at H&M: H&M has a pattern of offering 30% off across the board on Cyber Monday. We expect the same this year.
- 50% off at Crocs: The retailer offered 40% off for several years in a row, before upping the discount to 50% off in 2019. We expect 50% off again this year.
- 50% off at Gap: For the past two years, Gap has offered shoppers 50% off everything, plus an extra 10% off with the use of a promo code. We expect a repeat this year.
- 15% off at Target: We’re crossing our fingers for this one. After several years of consistently offering 15% off practically everything at Target.com for Cyber Monday, Target changed course and offered specific-item discounts and various department-wide discounts last year. We hope Target will bring back 15% off sitewide on Cyber Monday this year
Predictions for travel on Cyber Monday 2020
Cyber Monday travel deals traditionally have some strings attached. Instead of sitewide discounts, travel providers usually require Cyber Monday deal seekers to book a specific itinerary with specific departure dates.
- Flash sales on hotels (up to 90% off): Expedia in particular, is known for its hourly flash sales.
- Mystery Coupons: Try your luck. Hotels.com and other travel sites are known to give site visitors a coupon worth varying amounts, from about 10% off to up to 99% off for a few select winners.
- Domestic flights for under $50 one way: Several domestic carriers offered one-way domestic (for select itineraries) for as low as $40 last year. If international travel is still an impossibility for U.S. passport holders as 2021 approaches, expect airlines to double down to get those craving a vacation to book domestic instead.
- Cruise and resort credits galore: The cruise and resort industry is in a slump. So, for Cyber Monday, think beverage credits, spa credits and waived automatic gratuities, as well as hugely discounted daily rates.
Predictions For Clothing on Cyber Monday 2020
Cyber Monday is pretty tech heavy, there are sales to be had in the clothing.
- 25% to 50% off on clothing